The Blackmagic Design SDI to Audio 4K Mini Converter de-embeds 4 channels of analog audio or 8 channels of AES/EBU digital audio from any SDI video connection. Access the audio in any SDI video connection for output to a massive range of audio equipment such as audio mixers, analog broadcast decks, audio monitors and more.
4K Mini Converters are the perfect solution for broadcast and post production engineers who need to install equipment that's Ultra HD ready, as each converter operates as a normal SD or HD converter and then will automatically switch to Ultra HD when a 6G-SDI input is connected. Live production customers will love the ability to use these Mini Converters in all kinds of situations when doing Ultra HD live production work. Even connecting to old SD televisions from an Ultra HD program feed is possible, so customers don't have to worry about what kind of equipment they might find at a venue they are integrating with.
Mini Converter Heavy Duty models feature an aluminum design that is super tough yet compact and lightweight, making them perfect for use on location. All models include the latest 6G-SDI technology, auto switching between SD, HD and Ultra HD formats, redundant SDI inputs, loop through SDI, balanced analog and AES/EBU switchable audio, standard 1/4" jack audio connections and an international power supply.
Unlike traditional converters that are only suitable for indoor use, Blackmagic Design's Mini Converter are heavy duty and designed to meet the tough and demanding conditions of live production.
- Designed to be used anywhere and you can put them in equipment racks in the studio, on news trucks, or use them outside for live sports and other events
- Works with SD, HD and Ultra HD
- Support 24-bit analog and AES/EBU audio, and feature standard 1/4" audio jacks
- Redundant SDI inputs helps safeguard against a damaged SDI cable
- Change settings quickly and easily with built-in function DIP switches
- SD Video Standards: 525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL
- HD Video Standards: 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p47.95, 1080p48, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
- 2K Video Standards: 2Kp23.98 DCI, 2Kp24 DCI, 2Kp25 DCI, 2Kp29.97 DCI, 2Kp30 DCI, 2Kp47.95 DCI, 2Kp48 DCI, 2Kp50 DCI, 2Kp59.94 DCI, 2Kp60 DCI, 2KPsF23.98 DCI, 2KPsF24 DCI, 2KPsF25 DCI, 2KPsF29.97 DCI, 2KPsF30 DCI
- Ultra HD Video Standards: 2160p23.98, 2160p24, 2160p25, 2160p29.97, 2160p30
- 4K Video Standards: 4Kp23.98 DCI, 4Kp24 DCI, 4Kp25 DCI, 4Kp29.97 DCI, 4Kp30 DCI
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372M, SMPTE 424M Level A and B, SMPTE 425M Level A and B, SMPTE ST-2036, SMPTE ST 2081, ITU R BT.656 and ITU R BT.601
- SDI Video Rates: SDI video connections are switchable between standard definition and high definition
- SDI Video Sampling: 4:2:2, 4:4:4
- SDI Audio Sampling: Television standard sample rate of 48kHz and 24 bit
- SDI Color Precision: 4:2:2, 4:4:4
- SDI Color Space: YUV, RGB
- SDI Auto Switching: Automatically selects between SD, HD, 3G and 6G SDI