The DPS-100D Digital RF Power Measurement System
The DPS-100D Digital RF Power Measurement System includes a precision directional coupler ordered by EIA line size, and DPS-100D Digital RF power meter electronics package with onboard backlit LCD display. This system is suitable for measuring analog or digital RF signals with accuracy within +/- 5% of reading.
Use the DPS-100D as a standalone power monitor/antenna protection system or use more than one DPS-100D to create monitor system for master antenna applications or for complete RF facility site monitoring. The DPS-100D is part of a larger family of site monitoring products available from Broadcast Devices, Inc.
The DPS-100D Series power meters are supplied with an easy to read main screen for all important parameters including power, VSWR, general purpose input status, 3-Strike VSWR Protection System™, two temperature indications and transmission line pressure indication. All of this on a single, easy-to-read screen. There is also provision for controlling the On/Off function of a transmitter with the two available programmable relays. Of course the DPS-100D series power meters are SNMP v2 compatible so they interface seamlessly with all modern remote control systems and third part SNMP software packages.
- Electrical Specifications: Frequency Range: Sensor: 0.5 MHz—4GHz—Model Dependent
- Through Line VSWR: 1.05:1 or better Coupled Port
- Directivity: 30 dB or better
- Impedance: 50 ohms through port
- Measurement Type: True RMS – Suitable for CW, multi carrier and high crest factor digital RF signals such as AM/FM, 8 VSB (ATSC 1.0/3.0 ), DVB-T, ISDB-T,DTMB, IDRM, IBOC (in band on channel Ibiquity standard). DAB, etc.
- Accuracy: +/- 5% of indicated reading maximum error within instrument dynamic range.
- Dynamic Range: 40db or better Linear dynamic Range.
- Power Measurement Range 0 – 2.5 Mega watt Model and Coupler Line Size Dependent
- Measurement Capabilities: Forward and Reflected RF Power, Transmission line temperature (Deg F / Deg C user selectable) 1 each – External Temperature and line pressure sensors. 6 – User configurable closure inputs. (typically patch panels, lock-out/tag-out) Integrated Digital Display: 2 Line x 16 character LCD display of Fwd/Ref RF Power, Temperature (x2), Line Pressure Dedicated Icons for VSWR fault, Alert Status, Communications Status, RF Power High/Low thresholds, DC power input status and LAN connection status.
- Communications Interfaces: Ethernet, RS-485, Network Protocols: SNMP, SMTP, TCP/IP, UDP, SNTP, 2 – Configurable VDC proportional power outputs, 2 – Form C configurable interlock/status relays/On/off 2 – Configurable External GP inputs for fault reset 12 Position Termi nal Block: 6 – Configurable General Purpose Inputs for lock out tag out, patch panel, external interlock strings, etc. Ext. Temperature Sensor Input3 – Position terminal block mates with BDI TMP-100 T
- Physical Specifications:
Sizes: N, DIN, 7/8” 1-5/8”, 3-1/8” EIA, 4-1/16” Myat standard, 4-1/16” Dielectric standard, 6-1/8”, 9” and 12” special order. Flanged – One fixed, one swivel
- Environmental Specifications:
Operating Temperature: ‐25°C to +55°C
Storage Temperature: ‐60°C to +85°C
Humidity: 95% Non‐Condensing