Focusrite AMS-SCARLETT-2I2-4G 4th Generation USB Audio Interface
The artist's interface
Set up mics for voice and guitar and plug into 2i2's 4th-Generation preamps - Scarlett's clearest and most detailed ever, with a huge 69dB gain range. Hook up an electric guitar to one of 2i2's hi-Z instrument inputs - it feels just like an amp. Scarlett brings Focusrite's professional sound quality to wherever you make music.
Find your signature sound
For standout lead vocal and instrument tracks, Scarlett's re-engineered Air mode takes your sound's unique character and brings it to the front of the mix, adding truly musical presence and rich harmonic drive, just like a classic console in a big money studio. Trust Focusrite, you'll never want to record without it.
Let Scarlett set your levels
Scarlett's Dynamic Gain Halos make setting your levels quick and easy with any mic - or just select Auto Gain and let Scarlett do it for you. Hit the button and play for ten seconds, Scarlett will set the perfect level for whatever you're recording.
Make every take a keeper
While you're playing, Clip Safe is all ears. Checking your levels up to 96,000 times a second - more than the best studio engineers - Clip Safe will automatically adjust the gain if you're at risk of clipping, so you can lose yourself in the music, without losing any takes.
Capture every detail
Hit the red button and you're recording with 192kHz, 24-bit converters direct from Focusrite's flagship RedNet interfaces - as found in countless high-end studios around the world. Squeeze every last drop of detail out of your recordings without sacrificing any sound quality.
Now hear this
A custom-designed headphone amp and huge dynamic range set the stage for the best playback you've ever heard from Scarlett. Scarlett drives high impedance headphones louder and clearer than ever before. 2i2 also has independent controls for your headphones and monitors so you can record, mix and play back audio however you want.
Need samples? Make your own with Loopback. Send stereo audio from your music apps and other software straight to your DAW with 2i2's virtual inputs.
It's so easy
Plug in and tell Focusrite's Easy Start tool how you want to use your Scarlett, and let it guide you through all the software and setup you need, with recording tips and other helpful content along the way.
Please Note: USB Power supply not included
- 4th-Generation mic pres - With a huge 69dB gain range, Focusrite's 4th-Generation Scarlett mic pre is the clearest and most detailed ever found on a Scarlett.
- Hi-Z instrument and line inputs - Hook up an electric guitar to one of 2i2's Hi-Z instrument inputs - it feels just like an amp. Or connect keys, synths and grooveboxes to the super-high-quality line inputs.
- Huge 120dB dynamic range - Scarlett 2i2 uses the same studio-grade converters as Focusrite's flagship RedNet interfaces, found in countless high-end studios worldwide.
- Air Mode - Record with all the character of a big studio console. Add high-end presence and rich harmonic drive to vocals and instruments.
- Auto Gain - Hit the button and play for ten seconds, Scarlett will set the perfect level for whatever you're recording.
- Clip Safe - Clip Safe automatically adjusts the gain if you're at risk of clipping, just like having a pro engineer watching your session.
- Dynamic Gain Halos - Scarlett's Dynamic Gain Halos let you easily monitor your input and output signals directly from your hardware.
- Sounds great with any headphones - Powerful, custom-designed headphone amp with independent level control, for loud, clear, and accurate playback and monitoring.
- Loopback - Easily create your own samples from computer audio using Scarlett's virtual inputs.
- Easy Start - It's never been easier to get recording. Focusrite's tried-and-tested Easy Start tool will have you making music in minutes.
- All the software you need - Includes Ableton Live Lite and Avid Pro Tools Artist, plus the Hitmaker Expansion software bundle with an unbeatable range of record-making studio tools.
- Focusrite Control 2 - Control your recording session direct from your PC or Mac.
- Three-year Warranty - Keep making music with our 24/7/365 support and three-year warranty.
- Number of Microphone Preamps: 2
- Phantom Power: Yes
- Instrument Inputs: 2
- Line Inputs: 2
- Air Mode: Yes
- Auto Gain: Yes
- Clip Safe: Yes
- Line Outputs: 2
- Headphone Outputs: 1
- Loopback: Yes
- Connectivity: USB Type-C
- Protocol: USB 2.0
- Form Factor: Desktop
- Simultaneous I/O: 4 x 2 (including Loopback inputs)
- A/D Resolution: 24-bit/192 kHz
- Bus Powered: Yes 900mA