NOVIA 236 is expressly tailored for medium-wave monaural AM broadcasting. It combines the functions of slow, ‘gain-riding’ AGC, ‘syllabic’ consistency leveling, 4 stages of parametric EQ, 3 bands of dynamic range compression with variable crossovers, ‘brick wall’ bandwidth restriction and a final no-splatter peak controller that supports asymmetrical carrier modulation.
Setup and operation are simplified with 10 factory and 10 user-defined processing presets.
Setup and operation are simplified with 10 factory and 10 user-defined processing presets. In addition, the IP interface allows 2-way program streaming, plus total remote control of the NOVIA 236 using any PC or mobile device. SNMP operation is supported.
NOVIA´s parametric equalizer offers continuous control over the audio signal's frequency content with 3 bands of dynamic compression and selectable crossovers.
The NOVIA 236 accepts both program line and streaming inputs and allows remote IP audio monitoring.
Gated and ‘windowed’ gain-riding AGC
Unique, adjustable ‘syllabic leveling’
3 bands of dynamic compression with selectable crossovers
4 sections of parametric EQ plus an effective ‘Bass Punch’ feature
Independent ‘Density’ and ‘Smooth/Loud’ adjustments
GPIOs, Web/email/SNMP for controls and alarms
Built-in real time clock and headphone jack
Analog, AES-digital, streaming in/outs
Selectable US and international cutoff filters
A great ‘utility’ processor; ideal ahead of STLs/codecs
- Full function 'responsive' Web interface works on desktop and mobile devices
Frequency Response (processing bypassed)
50Hz - 20kHz, ±0.25dB
Output Cutoff Response
- Nominal Frequencies: menu-selectable 4kHz, 5kHz, 6kHz, 7kHz, 8kHz, 9kHz, 10kHz (US NRSC), 12kHz, 15kHz
- Filter Characteristic: 143-coefficient FIR filter with phase and overshoot compensation; ±0.5dB, 50Hz to 0.95x nominal cutoff frequency; approx. –15dB at cutoff; > –50dB at ≥1.04x nominal.
Selectable flat, or ‘truncated’ US NRSC preemphasis curve scaled to the cutoff frequency
Distortion (processing bypassed)
- Analog I/O: <0.02% THD (ref: +24dBu I/O)
- AES Digital I/O: <0.002% THD (ref: 0dBFS I/O)
Signal-to-Noise (processing bypassed)
- Analog I/O: >105dB (ref: +24dBu I/O)
- AES Digital I/O: >120dB (ref: 0dBFS I/O)
Program Line Inputs
- Analog: active-balanced (XLR) accepts line levels from –15dBu to +15dBu; +24dBu clipping
- AES Digital:(XLR) accepts line levels between -30dBFS and 0dBFS at sampling rates from 32kHz to 96kHz
- IP Streaming: accepts all Icecast/SHOUTcast MP3, Ogg and AAC streams
Program Line Outputs
- Analog: active-balanced (XLR) delivers –12dBu to +15dBu for 100% symmetrical modulation; +24dBu clipping, 200Ω source
Positive Peak Enhancement
Intrinsic asymmetrical, positive-going peaks may be selectively limited in 1% steps from 100% to +130%
Program Signal Latency (Delay)
TCP/IP network connection (RJ45) for remote setup/operation and in/out audio streaming; full support for SNMP control
3 GPI, 3 GPO w/ assignable functions and logic polarity
Front-panel (TRS) 3.5mm
Internal Test Tone Generator
20Hz-20kHz; variable frequency and level
Local (GPIO) closures, browser interface, SNMP and SMS/email alarms for analog, digital and stream audio loss; maintains daily, weekly, monthly logs
Dayparting is simplified with an onboard real-time clock and preset-selection programming.
- AGC: ±15dB capture range; gated with dual-rate‘windowed’ operation
- Leveling: variable ‘syllabic’ 2:1 compression
- EQ: 4-section parametric
- Bass ‘Punch’: variable bass enhancement
12VDC at 240mA (2.1mm x 5.5mm coaxial); inline switchmode power supply included
An optional rack adapter mounts one or two NOVIA or other Inovonics half-rack units in a standard 19- inch, 1U rack space.
Size and Weight
1.6”H x 8”W x 6”D; 5 lbs shipping weight
Continuous operation at ambient temperatures between 32ºF/0ºC and 122ºF/50ºC; 0-95% relative humidity, non-condensing, altitudes to 10,000ft/3,048m.