Xenirad 1/4 Shorting Stub for Coaxial Lighting Protection. The Ultimate in Coaxial Lightning Protection! A simple way to protect your transmitter investment is available.
The 1/4 Wave Shorting Stub also referred to as a 1/4 wave shorted stub, connects between your transmitter and your antenna system to short the center conductor to ground providing an unmatched degree of lightning protection for your transmitter. The stub is virtually invisible to your transmitter offering negligible insertion loss and an input VSWR <1.01 with return loss values typically >50db. The stub is tunable which allows for fine antenna matching in the field. The frequency agile stub can be tuned across the band it is made for. EX: FM stub is tunable from 87 to 110 Mhz. Custom frequency requirements are welcomed as well as various connector options, Flanged/Un-flanged, 7/16 DIN, N etc. Stubs can be made in 50 or 75 ohm to fit your requirements.
- Capable of handling very high discharge currents.
- Excellent transmission characteristics.
- Maintenance free, no parts to replace after a discharge event.
- Acts as a broadband filter and reduces AM signals by >30db at sites where an AM and FM are co-located.
- Stubs can be made for all power levels and frequency requirements including STL and RPU applications and in a variety of connector options.
- Excellent protection for both transmitters and receivers.
- Handmade here in the USA
- Cheap insurance against lightning damage when considering off air time and repair cost
- Stubs can be made in 7/8, 1 5/8, 3 1/8 with power handling capabilities up to 50KW.