The P164 RDS Encoder is an attractive choice to all radio stations which don't want to burden their budget but still need a flexible RDS encoder with support of all common data formats and RDS services. Ultra-compact design based on DSP technology ensures high reliability and gives the user many advanced features while maintaining low acquisition costs. The system is scalable from small local stations to large broadcast networks.
Some features are unique: remote output monitoring down to the bit level, direct conversion of XML tagging data to Radiotext Plus, port multiplication thru Windows control software and several others. Due to support of additional RDS2 data-stream, the P164 is future-proof equipment, ready for possible enhancements of the FM broadcasting.
The RDS encoder supports both dynamic and static operation. The device is equipped with standard analogue interface for seamless integration into the broadcast chain and interchangeability with other brand products. The device is compatible with P132 family.
- Fully dynamic stand-alone FM broadcast RDS encoder with two independent communication ports
- USB connectivity for local settings and maintenance purposes
- Ethernet connectivity for linking with Windows application or broadcast automation system
- Control interface supports all common communication protocols, incl. ASCII and UECP
- Text features include dynamic PS, parsing, scrolling, tagging, fixed messages and scheduling
- Excellent compatibility with broadcast automation systems
- Supports remote output monitoring and station logo *)
- Two switchable subcarrier configurations (RDS or RDS2)
- Simply to use
Power Supply Required
|Supply voltage and current:||12 V DC stabilized, 150 mA|
|RDS/RBDS signal:||conforms to CENELEC EN 50067 / EN 62106|
|Output level of RDS:||adjustable from 0.0 to 4.0 V p-p in 256 steps|
|Pilot tone level:||min. 120 mV p-p or MPX|
|Signal connectors:||unbalanced, BNC|
|Data connectors:||Ethernet RJ-45, USB B-type|
|UECP protocol support:||PI, PS, TA/TP, DI, MS, PTY, RT, AF, X-Command, TMC, 0D, 1C, 24, 25, 40, 42, 46 **)|
|ASCII protocol support:||Full|
|Case:||aluminum compact case, 107x150x35 mm|
Power Supply Required, Not Included