The TAC-5 combines a telephone autocoupler with a password protected, DTMF, remote control for handling remote broadcasts or general dial-up control from anywhere. It automatically answers the phone on a user set number of rings and waits for you to enter your password (from none to 8 digits). After entering your password, you have complete control of the TAC-5's relays. Audio is passed to and from the telephone line, making the TAC-5 ideal for unattended remote broadcasting. While the telephone interface lets you get your audio on the air, you can use the TAC-5's relays to control your automation system or even put yourself direclty on the air, bypassing everything else in your air chain. The direct to air mode is not only useful for remotes, it is also great for emergency broadcasts when weather strikes, etc.
Relays can be individually programmed for momentary, latching or interlocked operation. Each relay can be programmed to decode any of the 16 DTMF tones. Any relay can be tied to any other for modes such as latching and interlocked. Relays can return a beep acknowledge tone that tells you when you've activated an output. The TAC-5 includes a two-tone sequence mode that prevents accidental contact closures when you're using it for remote broadcasts.
The TAC-5 has a logic level input that can cause the TAC-5 to call you or your pager or phone number (up to 24 digits long).
- 5 N.O Dry relay contacts out (1 is DPDT for easily switching balanced audio, etc.).
- Auto-answers on user selectable ring number and auto-drops at call's end.
- Each relay can be independently set to function as a momentary closure, latching closure with distinct on/off codes, or interlocked latching with other relays.
- Individual relays can be programmed to close at beginning or end** of tones.
- Up to 8-digit user-settable password prevents pirating.
- A second password can be assigned to allow listening without control functions.
- Any relay can be assigned to any tone(s).
- Open collector outputs when the TAC-5 goes on-line or rings.
- Momentary open collector output when it hangs up.
- Two-tone mode eliminates falsing.
- A Status input can dial your number for alarms.
- A simple, built-in audio hybrid lets you control equipment while monitoring a local audio source.
- Each relay is programmable to beep when activated.
- Provides active, balanced, phone line audio input and output.
- All outputs appear on easy to use screw terminals.
- Program it with any DTMF phone or encoder.
- Retains its settings after a power failure.
- Rugged, metal case can be table, wall or, optionally, rack mounted.
- Each TAC-5 relay can be programmed to take specific actions at pickup, or unlock or at the end of a call.
- Programmable DTMF inactivity timer disconnects calls if no commands are sent for the set amount of time.