VoxPro is unique. Out of all the recorder/editors in the world, ONLY VoxPro integrates a dedicated ergonomic controller with purpose-created software designed expressly for use on-the-air to record, edit, and play clips in real time.
Whether you use it for call-ins, interviews, ad hoc comments or spots, or whatever you can think of, all you need is a few minutes with it to realize why it has become the universal standard.
Explore this page and learn about all the ways VoxPro can make your life easier, your shows more professional, and your workchain more efficient.
VoxPro digital audio editing system is the de facto standard for live radio recording, editing and airing of clips in on-air control rooms and newsrooms worldwide. With it, clips can be recorded, edited and aired in moments.
For the user, VoxPro offers advanced features including Auto-Import, Auto-Record, EZ-Export, Automatic Gain Control, networked file access, customizable folders, and our trademark VoiceSlip effect for handling host/caller talk-over.
For the engineering staff or system administrator, VoxPro makes networking a snap; its flexibility and versatility allow it to be used in any physical or network configuration. User accounts are managed by means of simple ASCII text files, and user audio files are maintained in a standard Windows format.
Fast, reliable, and easy-to-learn, the VoxPro software is most often used with the optional USB control panel. Users may create password protected folders for their own work. Unlimited undo and redo, remote start, and one-button insert record are just a few of VoxPro’s more used features. 10 GB of hard drive storage holds about fifteen hours of stereo files.
VoxPro 7.1 Features
Hotkeys have been extensively overhauled. Multiple hotkeys panels may now be open simultaneously, each to a different page of hotkey cells. Remote access to hotkeys and all hotkey functions allows producer/talent teams to work together from different computers, one prepping and loading hotkeys, the other playing them to air. Hotkeys may now be looped and paused. A hotkey cell may be unloaded (cleared of audio), leaving other settings in place. There are more pad settings and more colors, and they load faster now. A new Settings/Hotkeys dialog provides controls for customizing hotkey layout and performance. Hotkeys windows may be opened from the View menu, or by right-clicking the Hotkeys button (bonfire icon) to the lower left of the waveform editor. Hotkey windows may be dragged to a secondary display monitor. All hotkey tab pages are accessible from all hotkeys windows.
Administrator may restrict which audio playback devices are allowed to be displayed in a hotkey cell’s Playback Device dropdown menu, and provide optional labels for those devices which are displayed. These controls are accessible from the Audio Devices and Formats dialog, in the Settings menu.
Users may now assign a variety of functions, effects and their own FX Macros to the five hot keys on the VP control panel (the buttons which are normally used to trigger audio Hotkeys). These functions are accessed by pressing the Control, Option and Shift buttons on the controller, in conjunction with the hot key. The existing effects shortcut feature, which utilizes the Control key to display shortcuts for Mute, Bleep and VoiceSlip, is still supported. Users may optionally elect to display any bank of shortcuts permanently, making these functions accessible at all times with a simple press of the corresponding hot key.
Default File Names
In order to accommodate file naming conventions imposed by various automation systems, users now have more control over the format of default file names. (The default name is the name which is automatically given to a newly recorded file, like “Untitled_32”, or “Phone67” or “COM0138”.) Any “root” name may be used, and leading zeros may now be specified. Optionally, file names may be numerical only (“0016”).
Auto-Import now waits for files to stop growing in size before importing.
Auto-imported files may now be automatically gain adjusted or normalized during import.
User's headroom display setting (from Settings/Playback) is now incorporated into zoom controls in right margin of waveform editor.
The Administrator is now able to rebuild all users' file databases.
The Search dialog now stays on top always.
It is no longer necessary to install the WNIP PC Driver in order to use WNIP routing commands.
It is no longer necessary to install the Sentinel HASP driver if the Keylok dongle is being used. An improved installer allows the HASP driver to be uninstalled if not needed.
VP7.1 is intended to be a no-cost replacement for VP7. It recognizes any valid VP7 license key, thus VP7 owners do not need to re-register in order to run this version. For VP4/5/6 owners, it will run for 3 weeks on their current license key, just like VP7 does.
- Rich set of playback options.
- Editable recordings with several ways to create and use edit points.
- Infinite undo/redo capability persists for the lifetime of a file.
- Audio effects including normalization, mute, bleep, reverse, pitch change, and time stretch.
- Import and Export files in standard formats.
- Customizable scrubbing for fast and accurate positioning while editing.
- Password protected user accounts.
- Optional control panel with most commonly used controls, including jog wheel.
- Any number of Hotkeys available for immediate one-button playback.
- MultiTrack panel allowing additional support files overlayed on title track.
- GapBuster effect (automatic silence removal).
- Simultaneous playback and record (record in background while playing and editing in foreground).
- Ability to copy/move/delete/rename files from the Search panel.
- Support for Unicode labels in Hotkeys and Markers.
- Color-coded Markers, new graphical method to precisely position location of markers.
- WheatNet-IP (WNIP) routing controls.
- WNIP playback tally with end warning flash.
- User option for exclusive Hotkey playback mode.
- User option to disable remote control inputs and outputs.
- Detachable Hotkeys window, ability to hide Editor and File List panels.
- MultiTrack feature allows the placement of music and sound effects to any Master Edit using drag and drop.
- On-screen Hotkeys with the ability to set-up an endless number of tab pages with up to 12 rows per tab, five Hotkeys per row. Drag and drop edited bits, music and sound effects.
- Resize fonts in the Edit List and for Hotkey labels.
- Place the Edit List on the left or right side of the VoxPro window when in MultiTrack and/or Hotkey mode.
- Multi-Channel Playback - Play a Hotkey bit while recording other content in VoxPro.
- Mobile Device Audio Support for remote talent. Record and upload content that will instantly import into VoxPro.
- Blog your bits by exporting on-air bits and spots in web-friendly bit rates to share with listeners and clients.
- Automatically search all reachable VoxPro accounts.
- Effects - Pitch and Time and are combined as one effect allowing simultaneous pitch shift with time stretch.
- Effects - Normalization has flexible options. Left, Right, both jointly or independently plus the ability to set peak level.
- AGC boosts the timid and limits the loud on either or both channels. Say goodbye to caller levels that are too low and hello to consistent levels!
- Markers - Place markers while recording or playing back by pressing the ‘M’ key on your computer keyboard. All markers are listed in a dropdown window. Double clicking a marker note title takes you to that mark in the recording. Right clicking a title allows you to edit the note, playback from that marker or go to the marker. Great for interviews, baseball or football games.
- Auto-Network - Forget about dealing with IP addresses and computer IDs. VoxPro workstations connected to your station's LAN automatically detect each other and stay connected, allowing users to access their password protected accounts from any VoxPro workstation.
- Zoom - Four Zoom levels: x1, x4, x10, and sample-by-sample. Press the Q key on your computer keyboard or the zoom key on VoxPro control panel for very precise editing. You can even playback files in the zoom position as the zoom effect stays on until the Q or zoom key is pressed again.
- Auto-Import - VoxPro users can choose any folder anywhere on the station's LAN and have VoxPro check that folder every 30 seconds for any incoming media files. If a file is detected it automatically gets "sucked-up" and into the users current folder.
- EZ-Export - If you find yourself continually exporting to one particular folder, either on your VoxPro computer or anywhere on the station's LAN, you can set up VoxPro to always export to only that folder with the EZ-Export right click command when a file title is highlighted. Each user may customize this feature (and it applies to any MultiTrack mix created).
- Standard WAV format files – VoxPro uses the industry standard RIFF WAV file format for universal compatibility.
VoxPro Control Surface
- Measures 8.25" x 10". Takes up very little real estate.
- Ruggedly built to professional specifications to withstand normal control room abuse.
- Hotkey titles appear five at a time in the backlit LCD directly above the corresponding keys.
- USB device.